MADISON, Wis. — The entirety of Wisconsin’s Republican delegation in Congress voted in favor today of H.R. 2, a federal bill that promotes regressive policy and sorely lacks a humane and equitable solution to immigration reform across the nation.
“Everyone, regardless of where we come from, deserves a safe place to call home,” said Chris Walloch, executive director of A Better Wisconsin Together. “But today, Wisconsin’s Republican U.S. House Representatives voted for the divisive MAGA agenda that unfairly targets and endangers people seeking safety and stability for their families.”
In Wisconsin and across the country, we deserve an immigration system that treats people with dignity, and creates meaningful opportunities for every person, newcomer or not.
These are Wisconsin’s representatives in Congress who, instead of working together for common sense and humane reforms, voted for more division today:
- Rep. Bryan Steil, who represents cities like Kenosha and Racine in Wisconsin’s 1st Congressional District: (202) 225-3031
- Rep. Derrick Van Orden, who represents areas of La Crosse, Eau Claire, and more in Wisconsin’s 3rd Congressional District: 202-225-5506
- Rep. Scott Fitzgerald, who represents areas in Milwaukee County, Waukesha County, Walworth County, and more in Wisconsin’s 5th Congressional District: 202-225-5101
- Rep. Glenn Grothman, who represents both rural and urban areas from Waupun, to Sheboygan, and more in Wisconsin’s 6th Congressional District: 202-225-2476
- Rep. Tom Tiffany, who represents 20 northern Wisconsin counties in Wisconsin’s 7th Congressional District: 202-225-3365
- Rep. Mike Gallagher, who represents cities like Green Bay, OshKosh, and more in Wisconsin’s 8th Congressional District: 202-225-5665
Call your representatives at the phone numbers listed above and urge them to stop putting politics over people, and instead pursue meaningful efforts to ensure safety and dignity for all.