A Better Wisconsin Together (ABWT) is seeking a full-time Disinformation Assistant to help counter disinformation across Wisconsin. The Disinformation Assistant will assist the Disinformation Coordinator with plan and memo writing and work with partner organizations. The Disinformation Assistant will work with a network of partners ready to take on disinformation and will help them formulate effective responses to disinformation as it arises. This is a 6-month project position, with the possibility of extension.
This role is made for you if…
- You have a passion for progressive issues and policies.
- You are a bright and hardworking individual who is a self-starter and can work independently.
- You work well with a team and in collaboration with others.
- You are always hungry to grow and improve your skills.
This position reports to the Disinformation Coordinator and works in collaboration with the ABWT’s research, digital, and communications team members as well as with organizational stakeholders, partners, and consultants.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000 annually
Application Deadline: Rolling deadline
Location: Currently remote, but in Madison, WI once offices are re-opened
About A Better Wisconsin Together
ABWT, a progressive state communications and research hub in Wisconsin, is seeking a Disinformation Coordinator to join our team. We’re an advocacy organization focused on public policy and serving as a center for progressive message development, testing, and communications. This is an exciting position where you will be working with a team to advance progressive values. Along with rapid response and earned media, ABWT engages Wisconsinites on issues using paid digital, television, and radio communications.
While this position is currently remote, it will be based in Madison, Wisconsin upon the re-opening of our offices once it is safe to do so. Our in-person office is currently closed due to COVID-19. Additionally, this position may require some evening and weekend hours as needed. We are a small, nimble team working in a fast-paced environment on the frontlines of the fight to advance progressive values and policies in Wisconsin.
- Compiling well-written reports.
- Keeping up-to-date with current events and progressive policies.
- Organizing bird-dogging volunteers by request.
If you have some but not all the qualifications, consider applying anyway!
- Effective time management skills: the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects independently and on time.
- A self-starter who can work independently and with a team.
- A current driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required.
(These are not required, so if you do not meet these qualifications, please do not let that stop you from applying for the job!)
- A familiarity with progressive politics in Wisconsin
- A familiarity with identifying and addressing disinformation
- An understanding of social media metrics and digital monitoring software
- Experience monitoring online activity
- Experience in political policy and issue research
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Disinformation Assistant