A Better Wisconsin Together (ABWT) is seeking a full time Digital Associate to create and train others in message-tested digital content and help build and maintain online engagement with partners, supporters and other constituencies.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for progressive politics and have experience producing digital content. They will be curious about what motivates people to take action and will thrive working in a team environment to support innovative strategies that communicate progressive policy solutions.
This position reports to the Digital Manager and works in collaboration with the ABWT’s research, digital, and communications team members as well as with organizational stakeholders, partners, and consultants.
Start Date: April 2022
Salary: $45,000-$55,000 Annually
Application Deadline: Rolling Deadline
Location: Currently remote, but in Madison, WI once offices are re-opened
About A Better Wisconsin Together
ABWT, a progressive state communications and research hub in Wisconsin, is seeking a Digital Associate to join our team. We’re an advocacy organization focused on public policy and serving as a center for progressive message development, testing, and communications. This is an exciting position where you will be working with a team to advance progressive values. Along with rapid response and earned media, ABWT engages Wisconsinites on issues using paid digital, television, and radio communications.
While this position is currently remote, it will be based in Madison, Wisconsin upon the re-opening of our offices once it is safe to do so. Our in-person office is currently closed due to COVID-19. Additionally, this position may require evening and weekend hours as needed. We are a small, nimble team working in a fast-paced environment on the frontlines of the fight to advance progressive values and policies in Wisconsin.
- Create original digital content for issue advocacy and organizing campaigns, in order to build power for ABWT’s mission and goals within the progressive community
- Develop and facilitate a multi-tiered training program to create buy-in with various organizations
- Work with allied organizations to build content branded for various organizations
- Compile digital resources and create digital toolkits and messaging guides for stakeholders, partners, organizers, and volunteers
- Develop creative content, such as GIFs, memes, infographics, for distribution to partners and the public
- A willingness to work proactively and jump in with ideas and creativity
- Work with digital team to conduct disinformation monitoring
- Work with Digital Manager to strategize content plans using research, digital analytics, and monitoring
We are seeking candidates with a passion for progressive politics who have experience producing digital content. They will have strong organizational skills and will thrive working in a team environment on priority issues and campaigns. Additionally, candidates should be able to submit a graphic design portfolio.
You should have:
- Demonstrated creative writing abilities
- A desire to work collaboratively on a tight team
- An understanding of digital content
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other digital content design tools
- A demonstrated commitment to disrupting racism and other systemic barriers in the advocacy world
- Experience developing insightful, pragmatic, equitable, and sustainable ways to tackle common challenges and produce positive change
Salary is $45,000-$55,000 annually. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Digital Associate.